Friday, May 08, 2009

I Did It! I Finished Jane Eyre!

I just have to announce that I finally finished reading Jane Eyre!! I can't believe it took me so long to do it - over a year. But .... I did it. I just have a hard time reading these old books. I suffered through Pride and Prejudice for 8 months.... How can that be??!! It seems so wrong because Pride and Prejudice is my favorite story of all time... in movie form. I own 3 versions of it. I so looooove Jane Eyre too. I finished it more on principle... just to say I've read it. The last little bit really picked up for me so I think that's why I was able to finish reading it. :)

4 comments:

Natalie said...

hurrah - all hail Jane Eyre!

Elke said...

Jess - if you're not opposed to audio books, you really need to try librivox.com . All the books are free (legitimately) and it's all older classics. Jane Eyre and P&P are both there. It takes me just a few days to get thru these listening, and I can do the laundry or dishes at the same time. Love it. Good job.

Jen said...

Yay! I love Jane Eyre so much. It is one of very few books I have read several times. I'm glad you slogged through out of principle.

Camille said...

Congratulations Jess... a long time coming on this book I know... does this mean your back in the book club?

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...