 |
| The oyster bar out on the dock at Nick's Cove |
I went to California to visit my sister, Joni, and her family this past weekend. I love visiting them. Joni and I started talking from the instant I got off the plane and didn't quit until I got back on the plane. Joni and I did a little shopping, ate a ton of chocolate (including some European "sipping" chocolate that was more the consistency of the middle of a chocolate lava cake), and attended the General Relief Society Broadcast together.
The highlight of the trip was Friday when we watched the Oscar Wilde play/movie,
A Good Woman, ate lunch at Nick's Cove (I had the most divine steamed clams with tomatoes, corn, and chorizo and then warm gingerbread for dessert), and trekked out to the Point Reye's lighthouse. We had quite the adventure going out to the lighthouse: some serious fog rolled in while we drove out there, we saw a beautiful, buck deer in the fog, we walked through a dripping, mini rain forest, and went up and down 300 stairs to see the lighthouse. What a lifestyle it must have been like to run that lighthouse! The fog we saw prompted us to watch the horror film,
The Fog, while I was in town too.
 |
| At Nick's Cove |
 |
| The deer in the mist |
 |
| Hiking down to the Point Reyes lighthouse |
 |
| Joni and me at the lighthouse |
 |
| The Point Reyes lighthouse |
The rest of the weekend was wonderfully normal with going to Ethan's tae kwon do practice, going to a movie, helping Joni's family clean the church, going to Adam's company picnic, shopping (again) in Petaluma, going to church, taking a glorious 3-hour nap on Sunday, holding family home evening, and watching a Walton's episode with them.
 |
| The dripping, mini rain forest we walked through |
Joni also hooked me on tea - specifically the ginger lemon tea - if I can find it!! I've checked two stores here in Utah and no luck so far. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment