I chose to study for my final exams on my mountain bike down in St. George, Utah. I think it was a pretty successful study method. Ha ha! Getting to St. George was the adventure. We hit a big-time snow storm about an hour south of Springville, and didn't get out of it until 30 minutes outside of St. George. It took us six hours to make the drive when it normally takes about four. The roads were that bad - about a dozen cars in the burrow pits, one upside-down, cars sliding all over the road on the black ice, several driving with their hazard lights on going 30 mph, and blinding snow flying at the windshield like we were on the USS Enterprise in Star Trek going warp speed. But we made it without any problems.
We enjoyed several hours of mountain biking on Saturday in 45-degree weather, which for mountain biking isn't too bad since I can get really hot while mountain biking. Then we met up with our team friends for dinner and birthday cake - the whole reason we were down there was to celebrate a couple team members' birthdays. We rode our bikes once more on Sunday. Then we headed home! Just in time to watch the First Presidency's Christmas Devotional. It was a fabulous weekend. :) (The pic is of Dave, Wendy and me on the very difficult Zen Trail that I hope I rode at least half of it on my bike as opposed to walking it. Ha ha!)

No comments:
Post a Comment