Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Weekend in the Sun

Jason and me before our first ride
I got a sunburn on my arms this weekend. It was awesome! It's also pretty much gone now. Mountain biking in St. George was fabulous as I thought it would be. Kendra, Wendy, Jason, and I went down together to ride the Hurricane Rim loop. Sadly, about 7 miles in, there was too much mud to finish the 21-mile loop. So we did an out-n-back. Then Jason and I rode part of Bearclaw Poppy and part of Stucki Springs. I still got about 20-miles of riding in. Although I did take a little tumble and messed up my knee. It's still swollen today. My swollen knee messed up my plan for a truly epic weekend of mountain biking AND skiing all in the same weekend. I obviously got my mountain biking in, but I was too nervous about hurting my knee worse by skiing on it. So instead, I sat around in my house all day yesterday pumped full of ibuprofen with my knee elevated and iced, hand-stitching the binding on my next quilt and watching movies. I've gotta have it healed in a week and a half since that is when my first race is - back down in St. George. What a tough life. :)
Wendy, me, and Kendra overlooking St. George
Enjoying the red rock and sun in St. George

No comments:

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...