Saturday, November 03, 2012

Breaking the Surface

I feel like today was the first time in several weeks that I finally took a full, lung-filling breath of fresh air. I feel like I've been under water for a while. One of my classes has been nuts with lame busy work, and I feel like it's been a waste of my time since I've learned nothing. I've been traveling quite a bit, which is great but also exhausting when combined with everything else. I was up until 3:00 am one night this week getting a group paper edited and ready to turn in for my awesome ethics class. I've loved my ethics class except that it has come at a tough time and created the perfect storm: I've had a disappointing situation with a loved one that I've probably over-analyzed because of my ethics class and the notion of forgiving and yet protecting myself. And then add onto that an entirely messed up routine because of everything that has been happening. So today I finally broke the surface and filled my lungs. Today I slept in - in my own bed! - did a little laundry, did some homework, had my car's oil changed, put away my Halloween decorations and put out my Thanksgiving decorations, went for a road ride with Kendra, had an Austrian-themed dinner with some friends to celebrate last week's Austria National Day, and then watched a movie. All of that has been so .... wonderful! So routine. So normal. So me. So just what the doctor ordered.  I'll be putting up some overdue blog posts and back dating them so look for them!

No comments:

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...