One of the beautiful benefits of making my blog private is I can now be more open about all my dating dramas! Aren't you so excited?
At the beginning of this month, I had my very own bachelorette show going on. There were four bachelors: LA-Mike, Texas-Ken, Patrick, and Springville-Mike (aka SMike).
#1 LA-Mike came on fast in January. I met him at the Fire & Ice mid-singles retreat over New Year's Eve. LA-Mike even flew out to Utah over Martin Luther King weekend to visit fiends and take me out on a date. We ended up going out on two dates that weekend. He really impressed me. A lot. I'll admit, his fast-comings-on was a little much on New Years Day, but I quickly converted after seeing how direct he was, how much he seemed to like me, and how impressive he was. Sadly, he weeded himself out. I haven't heard from him in more than two weeks.
#2 I met Texas-Ken at the same midsingles retreat too - but very briefly and then I never saw him there again. Through a coincidental circumstance, we reconnected via my old hairdresser and Facebook. He immediately friended me on Facebook and sent me a message asking for my number and for a time when he could call me. Well it didn't work out to do so until February 9. We chatted for only a few minutes ... and ... I'm not feeling it. We're not a match. So I'll be weeding him out if he calls me again.
#3 I also met Patrick at the midsingles retreat. We went snowshoeing and cross-country skiing there and spent a good portion of the gala dancing in the same group. He asked me out for a weekend in January but the roads were terrible because of a winter storm warning and he had to drive down from South Jordan ... so he cancelled and asked for a raincheck. Well, he made good on his raincheck for February 9 even though there was another winter storm warning that night. But.... that date was a group date with all his friends .... not the best for a first date, but it was fun and he is nice.... and I didn't really feel like it was a match but the jury could be still out. I doubt I ever hear from him again, so consider him weeded out.
#4 SMike was a blind date set up by my old stake presidency counselor (from back in my single stake days in Provo). We went out on the blind date on January 24 and he scheduled the whole date over email since that is all the contact information for me that Pres. Mecham gave him. But at the end of the date SMike didn't ask for my number so I thought that was done - even though it was more pleasant than I expected it to be. But he surprised me by emailing me saying he wanted to take me out again. The first attempt to take me out again was a little rocky, but he made up for it with a fun geocaching date on February 8 (starting to see a pattern here? all three of these guys had to do all their business with me on the same weekend: February 8-9! That was a busy weekend). Since then he's been in touch with me nearly every day and we're going out again tomorrow night. So he is the last bachelor standing!
SMike might be the last bachelor standing, but our date tomorrow night is only our third date (maybe fourth - if you count the 15-minute Banff Film Festival intermission date we had. ha ha!). So the jury is still out on him ...
I'm really glad this bachelorette show has simmered down. I was beginning to make demands that if I had to endure all this dating drama that a marriage had better come out of it! But now I'm not demanding that to the same degree since the drama has gone down. Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment