Monday, June 10, 2013

The Great Vernal Trifecta

Mike and his friends have this rule about their adventure weekends: there has to be at least three sports participated in each time! They call it a trifecta. So we drove to Vernal and camped on Friday night.

Activity 1: A short mountain bike ride on the Jazz trail. Where my bike really started to act up so we took it into a shop back in Vernal for a quick fix.

Activity 2: Float the Green River for 8 miles from Flaming Gorge dam. I started out in a one-person inflatable kayak, but then Mike wanted me to try his pack raft - which was a riot of fun!

Activity 3: We mountain biked again except this time on a 20-miler trail called Flume Trail. Crazy, huh? That Utah also has a Flume Trail. That was a long and rocky trail, but it was fun!

Activity 4: Go on an 8 mile hike along Jones Creek so Mike and his friend, Dave, could fly fish while I laid in a hammock and read my book. That was lovely too. :)



We got home at 2 o'clock in the morning, Sunday night. Very long and very full weekend!

No comments:

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...