Sunday, June 01, 2014

I Did Not Escape the Ivy


This pretty little plant, poison ivy, is currently the bane of my existence. Yep. I got a pretty good rash on the back of my left thigh and I suspect I'm getting another one on the back of my right thigh. Lovely. No matter how careful I was! There was one point where we had to ugly choices: 1) swim in the river with our packs because it was so deep, or 2) wade through the poison ivy. We opted for the latter. I was wearing long pants and sleeves, but I must have gotten some on my hands and then transferred it to my legs. I was so careful too! I decontaminated everything in the washer with hot water and lots of detergent. And even rubbed all my non-washables and my very own body with rubbing alcohol. All to no avail. So the blistery rash will be my companion for the next 3 weeks. Ugh.

No comments:

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...