Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Lately

Lately, Mike and I have laid pretty low. I guess fall weather will do that to you. Here's a quick recap of some of our less-adventurous goings-on that we've been doing the past two months.

  • We did a little more mountain biking (surprise, surprise) up Nebo Loop on the Bennie Creek trail.
  • Mike went camping with the young men at the sand dunes.
  • I finally got a calling in my ward: Young Women Personal Progress Advisor. I'm kind of loving it. :) 
  • For General Conference weekend when we had my nieces and nephews that live in town over for breakfast, I made my first attempt at making cinnamon rolls with my beautiful Bosch... and almost botched them when I put them in oven for the allotted time without checking them part way through to see if my oven is hotter than expected (which it is) so they turned out a little brown.... but still really yummy! 
  • I signed up for Chatbooks and became immediately obsessed with it. Now I'm taking several more Instagram photos in order to fill up my chatbooks - 60 photos in a 6 inch by 6 inch book for $8! You'll notice all the pics below have been Instagrammed and filtered. :) 
  • Mike went to Moab for his annual, fall Moab trip with his dad, Marty, and best friend from Denver, Josh, and Josh's dad - they romped around on razors and had a blast. Plus Mike and Josh rode the Whole Enchilada: a 25-mile - nearly all downhill - doozy of a mountain bike ride. 
  • While Mike was in Moab, I stayed home and freaked everyone out on Facebook when a friend posted a picture of me "being rescued by search and rescue" as a volunteer and pretend victim.... ha ha! .... and I went for a mountain bike ride with Katie and Lloyd and then I went shopping. :) 
  • Mike and I installed new bathroom faucets!! So dang exciting. And went for another mountain bike ride with Katie and Lloyd. 
  • Some girlfriends and I squeezed in a few more after-work road rides.
  • The night before Halloween, we went on a group date with some of our friends (Katie and Lloyd, Lindsey and Rob, Lane and Hillary) to an escape room type place - it was an old airstream trailer with a bunch of clues leading you to the combinations/keys to the four locks that hold the key out of the airstream hostage. We had a blast! And just barely got it figured out, with extra time that we had to pay extra for. 
  • Went to Moab on Halloween day to meet up with Steve and Tess to go mountain biking. We had a blast! We loved the Gemini Bridges area most of all, and Klonzo South was pretty fun too. 
  • I've been falling in love with having a yard wherein the trees turn their colors in the autumn - and I had to document our house for posterity's and descendant's sakes.... with.... you got it.... an Instagram photo so it will make it into my chatbook.
  • Mike logged 18 hours of work on Election Day keeping all the technologies behind the voting machines in working order - which is apparently normal. 
  • And to wrap it up, this past weekend, we drove up to Blackfoot, Idaho, to visit my dad, Guy, and his wife, Joan, and then to Logan, Utah, to visit my sister, Teri, and her husband, Kelly. We helped them out with some work around their homes since both couples are recovering from health issues - my dad recently had multiple surgeries and pneumonia, and Kelly had multiple surgeries as well. We spiced the weekend up with an overnight stay in Lava Hot Springs, Idaho, in a quaint but quite chilly hotel but a very nice and long soak in the 108* mineral hot springs kept us warm.
And here are some pics to provide proof for some of what I just blogged about. :)
Mike on his bike, riding the Bennie Creek trail
Me, Marci, and Katie mountain biking Corner Canyon
My last road ride of the season - Provo River Trail
Escaping the airstream
Autumn colors hit the Kniephof home

2 comments:

Mike said...

Good recap! I would say we laid low exactly - we did quite a bit! =)

Mike said...

...err...WOULDN'T say....

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...