Monday, February 15, 2016

Needed Sun in St George

After several weeks of feeling pretty crummy, I needed to get out of dodge and do something that made me feel like me again. So Mike packed up the car with all our biking and camping stuff, and we drove down to sunny and warm St George for some mountain biking and camping. We biked for 3 hours as soon as we arrived Saturday morning, which was really quite surprising to me since I hadn't exercised one minute for several weeks. But it was glorious!! The weather was warm and perfect. The trails super fun and not too hairy. And the company the best around. 

We camped up on Gooseberry Mesa in our massive car-camping tent, and that night, Mike discovered a hole in his sleeping pad - his nice backpacking one! Thankfully we had packed some extra pads to make ourselves some princess beds so he didn't have to sleep on the hard, cold ground. But this trip made us resolve to buy some car-camping sleeping pads - nice big, comfy ones. 

The next morning, Mike made us some scrambled egg and sausage burritos on our coleman stove in the back of our car. Super yummy! Then we biked once more at Bear Claw Poppy before heading home. 

The warm temperatures and the sun was just what the doctor ordered! 




No comments:

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...