Thursday, April 20, 2017

This Month's Home Improvements

As if we weren't busy enough with all of our road trips this month, we decided to also do a couple home improvements.

First, we took down the black trash bag on the window of the door that goes from the garage to the backyard. We replaced it with a mirrored window film, which is much less white trash . . . or in our case, "black trash." ha ha! :)


Making good use of the "mirror" ha ha!

Second, with the help of Mike's very generous coworker, Darin, Mike installed some can lights in our kitchen and family room! Vast, vast improvement. I leave the kitchen lights on all day now just because I love it so much. :) Eventually, we'll get around to patching the holes for the old lights with sheetrock, but until then paper and painter's tape are covering the holes.

The before pic with blue construction paper marking the planned locations of the can lights.

Before - although I don't yet have an after pic so use your imagination for the after pic. :) 


We had to use only two lights at the beginning since the retailer messed up our order of lights.

Finished product!! 

No comments:

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...