
Greetings all!! You probably wonder, "What in the world is Jessika still doing at work at 12:30 am?" Well, actually I am not at work any more, phew!! And I am not intruding on my roommates generous hospitality of allowing me to use their computers.... no, no, no. This is big. BIG. Are you ready for this? I....bought....a....computer.... Did you get that? Yes!! I actually bought a COMPUTER for my HOME!!! I never thought I would because I didn't want to put up with a finicky computer that breaks down, freezes, catches viruses (like the cold that is beginning to take residence in my nose), lose my documents...etc, etc. But my roommates are big Mac users and lovers. They convinced me. Linda is the biggest user of the two and she assures me that a Mac will not give me the trouble that a PC will so.... I did it. I bought a iMac computer. I also bought a Canon printer and an iPod Nano
--the red one. The cool thing about the red one is that when I bought it, Apple will donate $10 to Bono's (of U2) charity to help those afflicted by AIDS in Africa. So not only do I get to enjoy my iPod in my favorite color, but I also helped to save the world!! Well, okay, not technically, but every little bit helps.Secondly: And this is bigger than the purchase of my beautiful iMac.... okay. Are you sitting down? Do you have a brown paper bag in hand to breathe into if necessary? Or maybe some non-alcoholic wine, confetti, balloons, crete paper would probably also be appropriate..... I GOT A PROMOTION!!! YES, I SAID PROMOTION!! BYU GAVE ME A PROMOTION. I had to make sure I mentioned that three times, because "they" say repetition is the best way to get something across to a group of people. I think I officially start next week and my new title is "Area HR Consultant". I am no longer part of Employment Services. I am technically part of the general division of Human Resource Services. I am super excited and so honored. Of course the promotion comes with a stunning raise and more vacation days--I am talking about 2
2 days of vacation per year on top of University holidays and sick days.... Isn't that awesome? Of course, they say I may not be able to take those vacation days, but it is worth it though!! I will still try to take them. No more shortening vacations because I don't have enough days... Oh it is a beautiful thing. So what does my new position entail?--you ask. Well, basically, I am the one-stop-HR-contact for 1/4th of campus. I have Athletics, Student Life, and Student Academic & Advisement Services under me. They will contact me with any questions they may have. I will post their jobs, set the salaries of their incoming employees, evaluate their jobs for appropriate exemption and pay level, do some light employee relations work, some training and basic consulting. And another really good part about this PROMOTION? I am moving up from the basement to the second floor of the ASB. I will not be a mole or miner any more!! I will see the sun in the daylight hours!! Isn't that so fabulous? This is a picture of my building. So yeah. I thought I would just share the news with y'all.
4 comments:
congratulations on all the wonderful things in your life - I'm jealous that my iPod isn't red!!
Congrats and your blog comments make me think you should write an article for the readers digest -:)
DAD
Jess! Look at this. Jeremy is reading your blog. Ha! Told you I would. I just barely remembered though. Have a good un.
Ok. You totally bought that because of me! Not your roommates! It's because we took a picture together on the iMac at the Mac store isn't it? Isn't it!? :)
-Mike in Seattle
Post a Comment