Ah, the scent of the great outdoors, campfire and cobbler in the Dutch Oven. I couldn't ask for anything better on a Saturday night. My good friend Ashlee and I had plans to hang out last night--go to dinner watch the movie The Holiday, but then I got a call from Nate. He invited me and whoever else to join them for a night of Dutch Oven cobbler and a campfire. It was absolutely last minute, but I loved it! Originally, Ashlee and I were going
to meet them out at Utah Lake, but ended up riding with them and boy am I glad. The dirt road they said would be good was good, but the beach we were going to be on was covered in water. So we drove down a little side road that my car would have surely bottomed-out on. I seriously think I would have gotten stuck on one of the hills in the road. It was so fun to be up there playing in the great outdoors, enjoying a little fire, and riding on a dirt bike!! Yeah, Nate brought his dirt bike and I boldly asked if he was offering rides and he said Yes! So off we went (after I figured out how to put the helmet on--adventure by itself). We drove down a little road in between some grass that had grown to be like 8 feet tall. And there was so much mud on the road. At one point we had to inch by a huge mud puddle so we wouldn't slip into it. It was super fun.The other attendees (besides me, Ashlee, Nate & Jon, Sam and Jake) were interesting and entertaining. They were super young and silly. Some girls showed up in t-shirts, sandals and capris! Talk about naivety. We (those listed previously) got a good laugh from all of them.
My other fun for the Saturday consisted of a Stake Enrichment activity to celebrate the birth of the Relief Society, having my tires rotated, changing the air filter in my car, and going shopping. Oh man. I actually found some capris that look cute on me and so I bought them. I swear 9 in 10 capris look awful on me so when I find a pair that look good on me, I buy them and a second pair too!! :o) And then I bought some beautiful shoes. I tried to find a picture of them on the internet, but I was unsuccessful. They are a peep toe pump with sexy skinny heels and they are black patent leather! So beautiful.
So yeah. That was my Saturday. Sorry for the lame internet pictures. Next time I will bring my camera to our big night of Dutch Oven dinner and dessert. Jake and I (and maybe Juls) will all bring our Dutch Ovens and do a big meal one night. Hopefully soon. And my camera will be present for that night. :o)
1 comment:
Up to great things as usual. Cori and I have been feeling the itch to get outdoors lately. Reading about that dutch oven cobbler didn't help one bit! :)
Post a Comment