Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Evidence of a Delinquent Writer

You might wonder if my lack of entry in the past month is evident of how well I write in my actual journal. Well, you are right. Except writing in my journal is worse. I haven't written in my journal since December 10, 2006 and I even have my pretty journal! Oh well.

Well this weekend was an exciting one. My nephew, Nick, returned from his mission to San Diego and therefore spoke in church on Sunday. Most of my family from Boise came down to Logan for it and of course I came up. He did a really good job in his talk and did us family proud! We ate like royalty. My sister, Teri, in Logan, really does take care of her guests even if we are just family. We had pulled pork tacos, cowboy salsa and like 8 different kinds of cookies! It was all delectable.

This past Monday was also my dad's 68th birthday!! He is getting so old. I can't believe it. But his is a life well-lived and he looks good for his age doesn't he? All but one daughter, Joni, is here in this pic with Dad. Happy Birthday Dad!

Hmmm. What else? I have been skiing a couple of times in the past few weeks. And all have been awesome. A week and a half ago, some friends and I went to Snowbird and they had just received 16 inches the day before and the weather the day we went was sunny and clear skies! So beautiful. It was kind of wild. We went everywhere looking for fresh powder and even boot-packed it across some rocks with our skis on our shoulders to get there. It was kind of scary. Ski boots are not easy to hike in and especially across some rocks. But it was worth it. Have I said in an earlier blog entry how much I love my new skis? I love them!!! They are so awesome. I can plow through crud and everything. I am even better in the powder by virtue of those skis. Yes!

Upcoming vacations:
Many of you know me and you know me well. I plan my summer vacations well in advance. As of right now:
1. LA to visit my good, London-buddy friend, Jesse, at the end of April
2. Boise in May to celebrate my sister's, Jill, 40th birthday party at my other sister's, Robyn, cabin
3. Backpacking 10 miles into Havasu Falls in Arizona with a bunch of friends at the beginning of June
4. Las Vegas at the end of June (yuck, hot! I am too white for that kind of heat) for a business conference
5. The annual Strong Family vacation to somewhere but it always include a massive amount of hiking and heckling of me and my wannabe outdoor equipment :o)
6. A 9-day Church History Tour in the middle of October. Won't that be the most beautiful time to be back East?

That is it for now. Hopefully, somewhere in there I will be able to go up to Idaho and hike into Bear Lake with my dad. Bear Lake was our favorite fishing spot when we still had the cabin in Warren, Idaho. You can get some really yummy trout from there. Mmm.

Right now, I am reading Snowflower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See. Very fascinating. For some reason, Chinese culture really fascinates me maybe because it is so different. Lisa even goes into detail describing the footbinding process. So awful! I will let you know how it goes--if I like it when I have read it all the way through.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

hey! you're travels sound so fun - going to see Jesse?! I'm so jealous - miss you girls like mad. So when are you going to come to CO to visit me? :D

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...