Tuesday, December 11, 2007

First Annual Christmas Music Soirée

What a delight! My roommate, Jen, and Lindsey planned and hosted a music soirée this past weekend at our house. Jen and I had so much fun decorating for Christmas and I spent way too much money on food for the event of the month! I bought makings for two different types of hot drinks - Russian Tea, a family favorite and tradition; and Mulled Cranberry Cider, a new one that my sister gave me a couple years ago. And I bought stuff for chocolate fondue and all of the dippers and a little cracker-salsa-cream cheese number. And then Jen and Lindsey provided food and so did some of our guests! It was really such good food. But the food was not everything.

It all got started because Jen and Lindsey would practice their instruments - Jen plays the cello and Lindsey plays the viola (and actually, they both play the piano
too!) So they played together with Lindsey's brother playing the piano at the party. We sang carols in between performances. Some of the performances were soloists, singing, reading a story and other such stuff.

Lindsey's little niece came to the party and was so cute! I snapped this darling picture of her coming to play the piano with Lindsey. There was even a
little exchange of kisses under the mistletoe - go BJ and Jen!! And then a friendly towel-whipping after all was said and done! It was fun and we had a really good time.

2 comments:

Jesse said...

what a classy party!

Camille said...

Darn I didn't make the photo collage :) but it was a fun party!

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...