Monday, April 07, 2008

Finally! A Successful Trip to the Hot Pots

I have had two unsuccessful trips to the hot pots in the past 4 years and I finally succeeded in getting to them this year! This last weekend! The first time - the road was closed so we tried to go around the long way and spent hours driving and finally gave up. The second time - the bridge over the river was washed out and the water was too high to cross so we gave up. But this time! Oh this time! I guess third time the charm is accurate in this instance!

Jen and I gathered a great group of friends to go with us after the Priesthood Session of General Conference on Saturday night. The hike was great! And you wanna know what the best part was? I could keep up with everyone! I think all this gym-going business these past 8 months has paid off for me! Last year, I was a super slow hiker. But this year.... hopefully that will be different. So we hiked the
2 or so miles into the hot springs known to us locals as the Diamond Fork Hot Pots. The hot pots are notorious for nudies, but thankfully we didn't see any. Gross! And the people that were already there must have been new (supposedly) because they left the best and biggest pot for us - at the top near the waterfall.

We sat in the springs for 2 or more hours! We just chatted and had fun teasing everyone. That's the beauty of being such great friends! And we obviously took some pictures. We finally got out when part of our group left early for the cars - we didn't want to hold them up too bad. :o)
The hike down was pretty adventurous because there was still snow on the trail and it had been packed down to a pretty slick ice path. Sadly, the only time I slipped was in the mud. I could have at least slipped on the actual ice if I really had to slip! We didn't get home until 2 am. The hot pots are definitely a must do again!

3 comments:

Jesse said...

Looks like fun. I never sucessfully made that trip. And congrats on the quick hiker status. A great reward for all your dedicated work at the gym!

Michelle said...

Hey...I recognize some of the faces (other than yours, of course) in that group. How do you know John and Nate...and is that Rob? Looks like you had a fun time!

Mike said...

April 7th??! Are you serious? Update your blog kiddo.

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...