Tuesday, June 10, 2008

2nd Niece Married & 2nd Bouquet Caught

So if the first bride's bouquet I've ever caught was a "throw" bouquet, does that mean it was jinxed since that was 6 years ago and I'm still not married? And then does that mean that if I catch the bride's real bouquet, then will the old saying actually hold true? I hope that is the case considering the crowd I had to beat down to catch my niece's bouquet. The "crowd" consisted of one other single female from the wedding guests: my 17-year-old niece. Good thing I caught it! I would hope that I would be the next to marry if my competition is my 17-year-old niece that is still in high school! :o)

My niece that is closest to my age (6 months younger than me to be exact), Traci, got married this weekend. She was married in her parent's backyard - which is beautiful. My sister and her mom, Teri, does a phenomenal job with her yard and garden. Some day I aspire to have a yard and garden like hers - or maybe close to being like hers. I digress.


We were soooo lucky that the rain held for the ceremony. And then for most of dinner. Most of the guests were able to eat their main course before the rain started! After that we went inside for dessert - which, get this, was the actual wedding cake. I love it! That's what the dessert should be right?

And then I must say I am most impressed with my sister and her husband's ability to outfit every cold wedding guest with fleece vests and jackets! It was almost akin to the miracle of the loaves and fishes! After all, the high for Saturday in Logan was 63 or so. We were cold!


I loooove the photo of their kiss. Her veil was blowing in the wind! Is that not romantic for your first kiss as husband and wife?


Can I just tell you how much I love my family? I looooooove my family. Adore them. So glad to be part of them. Looooove it when we can get together.

No comments:

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...