Saturday, July 04, 2009

A Little Stream-Crossing, Backpacking Trip

I found an amazing trail up Santaquin Canyon to go hiking/backpacking into! It was so GREEN and lush. And there was a beautiful stream running through it. The canyon was pretty narrow so we had ford through the stream several times. And we found a perfect campground too!

Jed, Jen, and I actually backpacked in and stayed the night, but Wendy and John hung out with us until after dinner on Friday night. We found our campground, set up camp, and then took off to go exploring further up the trails. There were flowers everywhere! And butterflies too. Dozens of them. You just wouldn't believe that it was so green and lush and beautiful up there. And the hike really wasn't too bad. It's a perfect trail to do on a short weekend since it was only a 30 minute drive from our house and about 30 minutes to hike into. Perfect!

My new tent that I bought over the winter when it was on sale was perfect! It was light and kept us dry during the night-time rainstorm we had. We really lucked out with the weather. The weather forecast was really sketchy and calling for rain the whole time we'd be hiking and then supposedly clear up during the night. I'm glad it came through the way it did.

I
also bought a water filter and a camp pillow. The pillow - oh the pillow! - was heavenly. That was a good purchase... and the water filter is fun to have now.

And it's a good thing, Jed had his iPod Touch with him. That Monopoly game really saved us from going to bed at 8:30. Ha! It was fun to play. We saw a coyote that night and then a deer in the morning as we hiked out. Boy! Was that stream cold in the morning.

No comments:

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...