Sunday, July 05, 2009

More on Independence Day

Coming back from our backpacking trip on Independence Day was only the beginning of the day for me! As soon as we got back, I got to work unpacking, doing laundry and cleaning up my gear and getting it put away.

Then I worked for two hours in my garden. I HAVE SLUGS IN MY GARDEN!!! They are eating all my strawberries and the leaves on
my pea plants. So I decided to finally take the time to research what I can do about them and then wage a ware on them. I cleaned out all the weeds and dead leaves underneath my plants. Then I dug up the ground around the plants, put some rocks around the roots of them and threw some oats around since I hear that will help get rid of the slugs. And then.... be prepared.... I murdered all the slugs I found with salt. Yes. I know. I might have been a little sadistic yesterday afternoon.... but only towards those darn slugs! Slugs that keep eating my garden. I have several slug carcasses in little piles of salt lined up on the wood that borders my garden... let all other slugs be forewarned from entering my garden. Grrrr. :)

After my little murderous rampage, I went mountain biking with some friends up at Lambert Park. Then we came home and I finally got to shower! Just in time to ride our bikes up to campus again to watch the fireworks show from the Stadium of Fire.

And I must be in a little destructo stage right now. Last week I got into a little fender-bender on my street and then last night I totally got knocked into a car by the curb on my bike and put a scratch on this family's van. The family was sooooo nice. The dad told me not to worry about the scratch. I still feel bad though. :( I hope this stage ends soon.

No comments:

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...