Yay! I have more seating in my living room now!! I can actually host visiting teachers and home teachers comfortably now. :)
I special-ordered my chair from a furniture shop in Historic Gardner Village in Salt Lake City. I had a hard time picking out the fabric, but thankfully my mom was there to help me and the salesperson was very nice and helpful. I even showed her the pics from the tour of my condo on this blog so she could see what my living room looked like.
And I think it turned out pretty good. And the chair is exactly what I was hoping for. Big and comfy. I wanted one that I could lay across the arm-rests comfortably... hence the comfy part.
And guess what else? I got together with an old-college roommate of mine, Amanda, recently. We indulged ourselves with chocolate lava cake at the Rooster Noodle-n-Dumpling Bar and then gave tours of our houses to each other. Her house is darling!! And she was so kind and gave me some old curtains of her that go perfectly with my living room. So tonight I hemmed them to be the right length and hung them up. So great! Thanks again Amanda!
And the funny part about my adventure hanging the curtain rod.... I bought my first cordless drill so I could be a little more self-reliant and not ask so much of my friends anymore... but I also stripped my first screws with it. Ha ha! Oh the adventures that await me.
3 comments:
Love your new chair! Everything looks so good. ;o)
I am so glad they worked for you! They really deserved to see the light of day after 3 years in the linen closet.
I'm proud to say that I watched as you and Linds put up the curtain rod. :) It's a hard job, but someone had to do it.
Post a Comment