Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Dave and I had a wonderful and very busy Labor Day weekend. I almost titled this post "Labor Day o' Love" but thought that might be a little cheesy. But I think I'm safe to say that we really are together and dating and having a great time at it. 

Friday night we cooked up the trout that we caught earlier that week up in American Fork Canyon and then we walked around the Downtown Gallery Stroll.

On Saturday, I drove up to his house and we joined his friends for a day at the lake - of boating, swimming, eating and jet-skiing. It was so fun! His friends were super nice. Afterward we went to his parent's house to have pizza and watch the BYU football game. His mom is a hoot!

Then Monday, we drove down to the Fairview area of Utah and drove around in the tops of the mountains there. We hiked up a beautiful little trail and fished along the way (Dave loves to fly-fish - loooooves it) and I would read my text books while he fished. He was so prepared! He had a super yummy lunch of sandwiches, string cheeses and dried fruit. He didn't have any luck catching fish at the river along our hike, so we stopped by a lake off the highway. That's where he began to teach me how to fly-fish. And on my first cast of my very own I caught the humongous cutthroat trout in the picture! Can you believe it?

3 comments:

Larkin said...

He is handsome :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like so much fun and I agree with Larkin! Keep havin' fun :)

Traci said...

Woot! Yay for the new boy toy! Will be waiting to hear more! (PS: On a random note, did you save any of the old letters we used to write to each other?)

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...