Monday, September 20, 2010

Oregon, Hydrangeas & Blackberries

My mom and I went to Oregon to visit some extended family and had a wonderful time! I got to meet some of her cousins that I had never met before and also some of their children.

We went a day early to stay with Jodi and see her darling house and it was indeed darling! I follow her blog and she posts pictures of her house so that is how I knew it was darling.

The next day we drove to Seaside, Oregon, and stayed in a darling little beach house a couple blocks away from the beach. Mom was off and on for crying because she was so happy to see and catch up with her cousins. We certainly had our fill of delicious seafood - you have to! You just don't get fresh seafood in Utah like you do on the coast.



We walked along the promenade in Seaside a decent amount. I loved all the houses with the shakes and hydrangeas. And I really loved Cannon Beach, Oregon, which we got to see on our last day on our way to the airport.

Oh and the blackberries.... yeah, I could love Oregon for the wild blackberries. I pay $5 for a cup of blackberries in Utah... whereas in Oregon, I could pick them by the bucketfuls for free! Mmmmm.

No comments:

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...