Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Letter 2010

Merry Christmas!

Well, I’ve completed my first year as a homeowner without any major incidents. Only two more years until I’m free of the new homeowner credit commitment, but I’m not counting down (note the sarcasm). I’ll be here at least until August 2013 when I graduate with my masters degree. Yes! That’s right! I started an evening masters degree program this fall and I’m still working full-time for BYU’s Human Resource Development. I’m in the Master of Public Administration program and I’m loving it! I just finished two classes: Organizational Behavior and Economic Decision-Making for Managers.

Here are some of the other highlights from my year:
  • The year’s travels included a trip to Blackfoot, Idaho to visit my dad, several trips to St. George for some biking, a business trip to Washington DC with my mom, a hiking trip to Zions and Moab, Jackson Hole for a mountain bike race, California for the 30-50-70 party with my sisters and mom to celebrate some milestone birthdays! Oregon to reconnect with some distant cousins, and Boise for a little get-out-of-dodge weekend.
  • Tried my hand at refinishing some furniture and definitely need some help from those with experience! :)
  • Joined the mountain bike racing team again and actually won 2nd place at the Deer Valley race! I also rode the Little Red Riding Hood 100-mile Century ride again with my sister Teri in beautiful Cache Valley.
  • Went on a couple backpacking trips to beautiful Grand Gulch and  White Pine Hollow. We really tested the filtering capabilities of my water filter when we drank from a pothole that had tadpoles in it! 
  • I even went snow skiing at Snowbird on JUNE 19TH!! That was a first and fulfilled all of my wildest skiing dreams. 
  • Received an employee recognition award at work which came with a fancy clock, some cash, and a dinner to The Roof in Salt Lake City
  • A couple camping and fishing trips in the fall - one to Calf Creek which I highly recommend! 
  • Two epic days of skiing within a week of Christmas - 39 inches of powder is hard to ski in!

Well, like usual it’s been a busy, busy year! I love keeping my life full and fun and packed. But I really love that life has slowed down this past week so I can do what this season is all about - visit family and friends and ponder the birth of the Savior and His atoning sacrifice for each and every one of us. I hope all is well with you and your loved ones and that this letter finds you well and happy! Take care and keep the emails, blog posts, and Christmas letters coming!

1 comment:

Our Ohana said...

You have such an amazing life, Jessica - not many people could claim so many fun adventures in so short a time!

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...