Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Un-Sundance Spin ICUP Race

Yesterday we had our "Sundance Spin" race that my team/shop sponsors, but it wasn't at Sundance Resort. It was at Soldier Hollow. :( Sundance still has too much snow. I dislike the normal Soldier Hollow race as it is, let alone this "new" course that Ed built so it would be different from the actual Soldier Hollow race next week. I rode my new bike for this race - my beloved Gary Fisher Superfly 29er. I really like it so far, but I do have a bit of a learning curve ahead of me for making tight turns. I nearly wiped out on one turn. I also had to walk a lot of this course. Practically the first 3.5 miles was all climbing! And some of that climbing was super steep. And then there was a steep, nasty down-hill that I walked too. But I got 2nd place, which was also last place since there was only 2 of us racing in my category. Too bad the 1st place girl didn't race in the category she should have raced in (being an ex-professional mountain bike racer that she is), I would have gotten 1st place! Ah well. I had fun riding the race. And I was even a good girl and read my text book in between the race and the awards ceremony.
My Mad Dog Cycles Race Team
Being a good girl
The Mad Dog ladies with one of our male teammates
2nd place on the podium
During the race

No comments:

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...