Saturday, May 07, 2011

Goldilocks Century Road Ride

Janie, Kris Tina, and I rode 60 miles in the Goldilocks Century today. It was quite fun. This is only their second year putting on the ride and you can kind of tell. The rest stops only had a couple port-a-potties and one table of snacks so there were long lines for both. We also had to ride on some pretty busy roads throughout Herriman, Riverton, and Eagle Mountain. And even worse, we had to cross a lot of traffic and go through a lot of traffic lights. Plus the hills. Oh my the hills. There were so many hills. One of the hills was a couple miles long around miles 23-25 - I killed it. I found a sweet spot of energy and motivation and I passed so many people! Including Janie which is hard core! Janie is training for an Olympic Triathlon right now so she is in really good shape. Normally, my heart rate would be 30 beats higher than hers the whole time - that should tell you how good of shape she is in.

The three of us stayed together until lunch. The lunch - I will say - was divine and much better than Little Red's Subway lunch. Goldilocks had caterers with yummy fresh sandwiches. But after lunch my legs were shot from killing that hill and Kris Tina had lost some gas so Janie took off. Kris Tina and I kind of rode together .... until the last bit. Overall, it was pretty fun and the t-shirt and "finishing medal"- which is actually a cute necklace - were really cute. Good times! And the best part: good training for the full 100-mile century coming up on June 4th - Little Red Riding Hood - with Teri and one of my mountain bike teammates, Kendra.

No comments:

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...