I just have to make a few observations about my recovery from giving birth to Cora . . . you know for documenting history's sake. :) My recovery totally paralleled Cora's little life: We both had to be concerned about eating, sleeping, having our bowel movements, wearing diapers (although, thankfully I did not have to wear them for as long as she will have to), and lastly, Cora and I even had acne on our faces at the same time since both of us were getting our hormones back under control. Speaking of that, there is one thing that I had to deal with that she didn't: the baby blues. I did not like them at all. I was so weepy! I just wanted to cry on occasion and anything could make me cry. But it was on this date, September 29th, that I felt like I really turned the corner and started to get back to my normal, less-hormonal-crying self.
And I also have to give some props to a few people: Mike, obviously. I cannot begin to tell you all the ways how wonderful he has been to me and Cora, but one of them is the sympathy he showed me for all the recovery I had to go through. Then my mom and Marty for coming down and helping us out: holding Cora, rocking her to sleep, burping her, making and buying dinners, all of it. Wonderful ladies in both our home ward and our young-single-adult ward that made us meals and brought them over. Kirstin for the Godsend that she was to help me with breastfeeding Cora when I was so distraught over it. Thanks to all!
(This post was backdated to September 29, 2016, but it was written on October 23, 2016.)
No comments:
Post a Comment