Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Very White Christmas in Boise!

This year, Mike, Cora, and I went to my mom's house in Boise for Christmas. The drive there was definitely not what we are used to since we had to stop twice on the way to feed Cora in the car in gas station parking lots. We were there December 22 through December 26. We even got a little treat while we were there: my mom babysat Cora while Mike and I went to a movie at a local movie theater! We saw the new Star Wars movie - Rogue One - or something like that. We enjoyed it thoroughly!

We certainly had a white Christmas - Boise got a ton of snow! More so than usual by far. Consequently, Mike got a couple good workouts shoveling the driveway and sidewalks. 

Christmas Eve was the traditional: dinner, white elephant gift exchange, games, and playing Jill and Mike's homemade chimes. And Christmas day was also the traditional: yummy day at Jill and Mike's house, but! In addition to that, we got the privilege of joining in for the double missionary skype call! Both Jen and Parker called in at the same time and were able to see and talk to each other as well as all of us. 

We love to tease mom about her quite-large table centerpieces. :) 
Chandler, Jill, Alec, Andrew, and Amy on Christmas Eve night



Mike and Mom with Cora and Copper, the dog
Skyping with Jen and Parker! That's me, Cora, and Chandler

(This post was backdated to December 27, 2016, but it was written on March 22, 2017.)

No comments:

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...