Here are some photos to enjoy from a birthday of mine, many years ago. That is my beautiful mother with me in the picture with the cake and the candle. The other picture is with 3 of my fabulous sisters--from left to right--Robyn, Joni and Jill. They will probably love that I added this picture and put it on the internet for all to see. Ha!
Today is going to be a good day. I can feel it already. Work is going to be exciting. Last weekend I left on Friday wishing that Saturday was actually Monday and I could go back to work. I love my job! And then tonight will be so much fun. Some friends and I are going snowshoeing up the canyon and then we will come back to enjoy some hot chocolate and cookies. My favorite! Seriously, hot chocolate is my favorite. I think I probably have at least 8 different cans of Stephen's Hot Chocolate. Yum.And then here is a little update since my last entry: I had my Lasik surgery and I can see!! It is a little blurry in the mornings but I think that is due to dryness when I first wake up. But by 8 or so I can see just fine! Getting that surgery was quite the adventure. I will give the short version: My mom came down to give me a ride back from my appointment and then to take care of me afterwards. We took her car up to Salt Lake City for my surgery. When we were seriously only 5 minutes away from my vision center, we hit a metal rod in the road--it flattened a tire, wound itself in the wheel-well and then also tore up the bottom of my mom's car. The rod was 5 feet long and about a half inch in diameter--we did not see it until we hit it. And there was no way to dodge it--we were in the middle lane of the freeway with traffic on either side of us. As soon as we pulled over to the side of the freeway, mom called AAA and I called my vision center. Luckily, some other patient of my doctor's overheard my conversation with the receptionist and volunteered her dad to come pick me up so I could make it for my appointment.
I felt rotten leaving my poor mom on the side of the freeway with a broken down car in a strange and wild town. But people were super nice to her--a good Samaritan stopped and stayed with her until the tow truck came and then when the tow truck came, the tow truck guy gave her a ride to the vision center even though he wasn't supposed to. And then my mom called my friend Lindsey and she drove up to come and get us and bring us back home. My mom arrived at the vision center just as I came out of surgery. I burst into tears when I saw her! I am not overly emotional--I think the Valium did it to me. Laughing Gas makes me cry too so I guess all relaxants will make me cry. Go figure. My surgery went well and my doctor was very pleased. Not to mention me!! I am super pleased. It is so wild to go to bed without taking out contacts. The story ends with my mom being stuck here with me for a week more than she planned, as it took a week and a half for the mechanic to fix her car. Very upsetting--tell me about it! I thought it was a sign of divine intervention that I was not supposed to have this surgery. But so far it wasn't. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
1 comment:
so sorry to hear about your woes - I know what it is like to burst into tears when you see/hear your mom - I'm a mess when it happens to me.
But the bday photos are ADORABLE - hurah for winter bdays!!
Post a Comment