Sampler of how 2006 treated me. Pretty decent if I might add.
1. Celebrated my 26th birthday. I am officially on the downhill slope to 30. Yikes!
2. Certified in SCUBA, although I have not yet been able to go scuba diving.
3. Bought a digital camera, which then required the purchase of a computer—a beautiful iMac. I am officially dependant on technology.
4. Returned to London! It was an adrenaline trip of only 4 days actually spent in the city and not an ounce of jet lag was to be had.
5. Tragic loss of my step-dad. That is the one sad bit of news of the year. It has been a difficult time for all of us and he will be missed. Consequently, my mom has moved back to Boise to be closer to family and friends.
6. Started two blogs: www.skierjess.blogspot.com and www.walkergenerations.blogspot.com. The first is one that I use to post pictures and happenings in my life—check it out today! It took a couple of my friends to inspire me and I thought you all might enjoy it as much as I enjoy my friends’ blogs. The second is a blog I use to post family history stories so that all of my family can have access to the stories I continue to find about my ancestors.
7. First expedition to Glacier National Park. I joined my sister for their family vacation for the 3rd year in a row. We hiked 30 miles, gained 3,000 feet in elevation, on 3 hikes in 3 days. Yup.
8. Sang my heart out at the Soul2Soul II tour with Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. Not on stage though—only in the audience.
9. Hiked the 11,749 feet of Mount Timpanogos for the first time. Nearly killed me too. Boy that thin air can wipe you out. Next on the list: Everest—from my living room.
10. Discovered the beauties of canyoneering. Canyoneering is the sport of down climbing and rappelling through slot canyons in southern Utah. My friend, Lindsey, has introduced me to the sport by canyoneering through Key Hole canyon in Zions National Park.
11. Promotion time! This is the best news of all: I got a promotion!! I am now an Area HR Consultant on campus and therefore the one-stop-HR-contact for 1/4th of campus. It will be an awesome growth opportunity for me and will open many doors. Plus—I moved up to the second floor from the basement. I am no longer a mole!
Thank you all for being such dear friends and family. I love you all and think a lot of you. I hope you will keep in touch with me as I love to hear what is going on with you and your loved ones. Best wishes for the new year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment