Anyway, I digress. I then went to a fun little Easter Egg Hunt & Picnic! Ashlee and her roommate, Suzanne, put it on. They hid over 100 eggs in the park for us to find. It was so fun. It was a small group of good friends from the ward. It definitely added to the festivities of the holiday. And then I went roller-blading up the Provo River Trail! 9 (yes, nine) miles round trip. Isn't that awesome?! That is how many miles I roller-bladed
And then today was quiet. It was Fast Sunday! I just think that is much too much to do on a holiday. But I did it nonetheless. I actually made our family recipe for Creamed Egg Gravy and Biscuits Saturday night for dinner since I figured it was Fast Sunday today. It turned out really good if I don't say so myself. Yum. Although, I think I roll out my biscuits too thin. The recipe said it makes 10 biscuits and when I make it, it makes like 16 or so. Hmmm. My roommate, Linda, made a traditional Easter dinner for us: ham, potatoes, green beans, pineapple and then a Dutch apple pie for dessert. That was super nice and fun. And that is it. I kind of watched The Testaments with my roommates and friends. Nice and quiet Sunday.
And then a couple of last thoughts:
John 20: 13-16
"And [two angels] say unto [Mary Magdalene], Woman, why weepest thou? SheLuke 24: 5-6saith unto them, Because they have taken away my Lord, and I know not where they have laid him. And when she had thus said, she turned herself back, and saw Jesus standing and knew not that it was Jesus. Jesus saith unto her, Woman why weepest thou? Whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away. Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master."
" ...Why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen ..."President Ezra Taft Benson:
"No other single influence has had so great an impact on this earth as the life of Jesus the Christ. We cannot conceive of our lives without his teachings. Without him we would be lost in a mirage of beliefs and worships, born in fear and darkness where the sensual and materialistic hold sway. We are far short of the goal he set for us, but we must never lose sight of it; nor must we forget that our great climb toward the light, toward perfection, would not be possible except for his teachings, his life, his death, and his resurrection.
May God hasten the day when people everywhere will accept his teachings, his example, and his divinity, yes, when they will accept as a reality his glorious resurrection, which broke the bonds of death for all of us."


No comments:
Post a Comment