Monday, April 16, 2007

Mountain Biking is Hard!

I went mountain biking for the first time in years along the Bonneville Shoreline Trail this past Saturday . . . and it was hard!! Cary was sooooo nice to take me--he couldn't have taken anyone more novice than me. He took me up the trail (which was more like a little road) and we got started. I had to walk my bike up the first two hills, but after that I got better. Except when I would stop to catch my breath--then I would get light-headed. Ugh. I was so embarrassed. But it might have had a little something to do with it being like 3:00 or 3:30 in the afternoon and I had not eaten since 8:30 or so that morning. Kind of yucky huh? But, I've gotta start somewhere. So that is where I started. The last time I attempted to ride my bike on a trail in the mountains was with Erick in summer of 2002. It kicked my trash then too, but for good reason: the kickstand on my bike was pinching the wire that allowed me to use some of my gears. Sadly, I didn't have that excellent excuse this time! I am so not in shape for anything that intense, anyway.

No comments:

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...