Monday, April 16, 2007

My Big Opportunity for Learning and/or Growing Up

So, in my other blog entry, I mentioned that finishing my quilt top was my MILD news for the weekend. Wanna hear what my monster-gonna-blow-you-away news is?

I made an offer on my condo/townhouse!!
Yes! My owner emailed me late Friday afternoon saying that he is going to sell the condo with all the furniture and everything. I immediately emailed my dad to ask him if I dared to be spontaneous and make an offer on it. And he said yes. So he coached me through how to do my research for it and then how to talk to my loan officer and then also how to negotiate with Adam. And so I did all of that this weekend. It is kind of exciting but scary all at the same time. So begins the negotiation time.... the owner didn't really like my first offer, right now. But these things seem like they should take some time so I am going to give it just that. I'm not really attached to the idea of owning it, because owning property and being responsible for a massive mortgage makes me nervous, but it seems like such a killer opportunity that I would be stupid to pass it up without trying. So we will see what happens. Time will tell! Either way it will be an awesome opportunity to learn something new!

No comments:

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...