Monday, June 04, 2007

Havasu Falls Here I Come!

This week I am preparing to backpack in 10 miles to Havasu Falls in the base of the Grand Canyon! I leave on Friday. I can't believe the time has already come! My room is strewn with backpacker food, Jetboils, a new sleeping bag (yes, I succumbed--check it out below), a first aid kit, poncho, sun block and insect repellent, my backpack and tent. I still have to gather up more stuff too! I hope I can fit it all into my pack. My friends and I that are going are having a pre-trip party at Costco tomorrow night to buy some of our food and whatnot. I am so excited. I hope I am ready--physically. 10 miles is a healthy distance and then we will have day hikes too! Be prepared to see a lot of pics on my blog when I get back next Wednesday. Of course not all of the pics will be posted right away--just one for Wordless Wednesday--I have a bit of a lag time in returning from a trip (or even an eventful weekend) and posting a blog entry about my adventures. :o)

And meet my new sleeping bag. I might have to name it glowworm or something like that since it is such a bright color. Here are the impressive stats for it:
  • In a compression sack it measures 7" X 13"
  • Weighs 2 lbs. 2 oz
  • Rated to +25 degrees
  • 600-fill down
  • Neat little stars on the inside of the bag. So cool. Mmmmm.

1 comment:

Jesse said...

Good luck this weekend! I've heard its a grueling hike, but sooooo worth it. You've got some impressive gear there my friend.

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...