Ah. I love what London did for me. I did a study abroad seven years ago to London and lived there for four glorious months. I made the bestest of friends there and they shared their love for the arts with me. I confess I don't love the arts as passionately as some, but I appreciate it and recognize it's purpose--to create a civilized society! Otherwise I might be a canyon/mountain-dwelling woman only! :o) Ok maybe not really.Last night, some girlfriends and I saw Les Miserables up in Salt Lake City. I originally saw it in London for my study abroad, but it was so worth seeing it again. There was quite a bit that I had forgotten. Love it. The story line is moving and motivating! You walk out of there wanting to be a better person. And the music is lovely. I confess there is some music for other musicals that I like more--like The Sound of Music to which I am listening to right now. :o)
We also ate dinner at a delightful Italian restaurant called Trio. They had Crème brûlée on their dessert menu. Therefore, you know what I ordered for dessert. Yup, Crème brûlée. I had to try it! The Bellagio one was so nasty that I had to restore my faith in American establishments' ability to make it (with the exception of Bryce Canyon National Park's Lodge). And the verdict? Divine. It was delectable. I highly recommend it. In fact, I loved everything at the restaurant--the atmosphere, the service, the entrée, the dessert. Yes, I will go there again.
4 comments:
Jess, I love you! I'm glad that you like the arts, they are what makes life worth living.
hurrah for Les Miserables! remember taking a taxi that night? what fun it was - how I miss London and you girls I love!
Lucky lady! Sounds like a wonderful night. You've got me missing our London days!
You know where there is a lot of culture? Washington, D.C. Come visit me or better yet, move to the big city!
Post a Comment