Monday, May 12, 2008

The Hope of a Garden

Well, I planted an actual garden this year! That possibility was one more added bonus to moving into the house that I currently live in - there is a little garden patch in the backyard! Although I am nervous that it is doomed to fail!!! Waaa. For three reasons:
  1. I planted it yesterday . . . on a Sunday . . . the Sabbath. I'm thinking it might be struck with lightning . . . but the prophets have counseled that we have a garden, right?
  2. The garden patch only gets a couple hours of direct sunlight each day.
  3. I am a total amateur gardener, obviously . . . since I ignored the fact of #2 above.
In my garden, I planted:

Two tomato plants - I even put Wall-o-Waters around them to help them out
Six y
ellow bell pepper plants
One green bell pepper plants

Two strawberry plants

Cilantro

Basil

Chives

Two leftover Lobelias


And I also planted some flower pots. One is a gorgeous pink Cala Lilly, one is my quintessential Fuschia with Lobelia (I've actually been successful with this one for the past couple of years), one has a New Guinea Impatient, and the last has a cute little Dahlia in a cute little orange pot. I love gardening and maybe some day, I will actually have the green thumb to garden
successfully. But until then, I really hope this garden survives and my pie-in-the-sky hope is that it will actually produce some viable vegetables! Stay tuned....

1 comment:

Canadian Princess said...

Good for you Jess...I hope your garden grows;)

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...