John Bytheway gives a talk on CD that I love - it's called What I Wish I'd Known When I Was Single. In that talk he emphasizes how unattractive it is when someone is obsessed that they aren't married yet (Amen!). And he quotes a church leader that talks about how marriage is not likely be to achieved through a direct and pointed campaign. At this point John Bytheway describes his visualization of someone campaigning for a spouse: carrying a sign and chanting, "Me for spouse! Me for spouse!" I've laughed at that everytime. As I've neared my 5 year mark at BYU I've thought to myself, "I wonder if one of my alluring persuasions to be my spouse would be that I could offer free tuition to BYU - if I were campaigning like that?" And guess what! I can offer that!! Yes! Free tuition to BYU if you marry me. But now if only I were campaigning for a spouse, huh?Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Would you be my spouse for free tuition at BYU??
Ha! I have now worked full-time at BYU for five (5) full years! With that accomplishment comes my eligibility (or actually my spouse's eligibility) for FREE TUITION to Brigham Young University. Of course, my spouse would have to be accepted to his undergraduate OR GRADUATE program on his own merits, but I can get his tuition whacked off our list of bills to pay! If only I had a spouse.... :o)
John Bytheway gives a talk on CD that I love - it's called What I Wish I'd Known When I Was Single. In that talk he emphasizes how unattractive it is when someone is obsessed that they aren't married yet (Amen!). And he quotes a church leader that talks about how marriage is not likely be to achieved through a direct and pointed campaign. At this point John Bytheway describes his visualization of someone campaigning for a spouse: carrying a sign and chanting, "Me for spouse! Me for spouse!" I've laughed at that everytime. As I've neared my 5 year mark at BYU I've thought to myself, "I wonder if one of my alluring persuasions to be my spouse would be that I could offer free tuition to BYU - if I were campaigning like that?" And guess what! I can offer that!! Yes! Free tuition to BYU if you marry me. But now if only I were campaigning for a spouse, huh?
John Bytheway gives a talk on CD that I love - it's called What I Wish I'd Known When I Was Single. In that talk he emphasizes how unattractive it is when someone is obsessed that they aren't married yet (Amen!). And he quotes a church leader that talks about how marriage is not likely be to achieved through a direct and pointed campaign. At this point John Bytheway describes his visualization of someone campaigning for a spouse: carrying a sign and chanting, "Me for spouse! Me for spouse!" I've laughed at that everytime. As I've neared my 5 year mark at BYU I've thought to myself, "I wonder if one of my alluring persuasions to be my spouse would be that I could offer free tuition to BYU - if I were campaigning like that?" And guess what! I can offer that!! Yes! Free tuition to BYU if you marry me. But now if only I were campaigning for a spouse, huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Time to Retire this Blog
I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...
5 comments:
I'll marry you! shhh, just don't tell Ryan - I would love a free graduate degree! Do you think same-sex marriage is against the honor code? sigh. Oh well. I tried:)
- Sara xx
Ha ha! My baby brother gets home from his mission in the fall. I'm sure he'd love free tuition to any school. Except you'd have to put up with him. Don't know if it's worth it to you...
Hi Jess!!
I love the post card that you sent me!! It was a pure bliss picture! I haven't talked to you in a super long time! Marcel and I are in our new home..yeah :)
Miss you!!
I accept.
I have a brother in law starting at BYU this fall ... if you like younger men. :)
Post a Comment