Monday, January 12, 2009

Mundane Monday - My Special Occasion Mugs

When I did my study abroad to London in the fall of 2000 (by the way, best experience of my college years ever), we toured the Wedgwood china factory. And ever since then I have been dreaming of buying my own Wedgwood china someday. After toured the factory, we went over to the reject china shop near by. Reject china shops are awesome! Something will become a reject china piece because it has a black speck on the bottom and then you can buy it for loads less. Some girls were smart and bought their whole sets of china and had them shipped home. I now wish I would have been that smart. But I wasn't. What's done is done. But! I did buy two blue, Wedgwood Everyday mugs with their matching saucers and a delicate little Wild Strawberries teacup and saucer for my sister Robyn.

I still
have the blue mugs and saucers today and I only get them out for special occasions.... like for a little hot chocolate with my roommate to celebrate my birthday a little early. And then the hopeless romantic in me looks forward to sharing a hot chocolate in these mugs and sharing a blanket, next to a roaring fire, with the man of my dreams. Sigh. Someday. Until then... a good girlfriend will have to do.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Those

Jen said...

Oops. Those mugs are just fabulous! If it's any consolation, I bought/shipped a set there, and now I wish I had waited because it has been moved and moved, and the style isn't my favorite anymore because my sense of style wasn't born yet when I was on study abroad.

Jesse said...

Hmm. At first I was totally agreeing with you in wishing that I had bought a set and shipped it home.

But reading Jen's comment... yeah. I still don't have a ton of style. Chances are pretty good that I would be wanting something different now.

That was a fun tour though! I think it is great you have something from the actual visit to the factory!

Natalie said...

ah the good old days in london....
i think everyone wished they had a set, especially now that we are all home. someday, right? love your set - so lovely.

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...