Saturday, January 10, 2009

My First Piano Recital in a Long Time

Well. I did it. I played in my piano teacher's recital. And ... I did all right. I made some mistakes, as you can tell in the video, but my goal was to charge through the song and not get too upset about making mistakes. I had some awesome pseudo-family members there: Jana, Jen and Jed. I was a little embarrased by the recital so I didn't tell Jen and Jed about it until the night before and Jana the morning of. I didn't want them to come unless they didn't have anything better to do.... because I wasn't sure how I would do.

Jen brought her sweet, awesome camera and Jed brought his camera that can take video. So Jed took the video of me and Jen took a ton of pictures! I only uploaded these few because I look so serious in the close ups. I played Come Back to Sorrento by de Curtis.

5 comments:

Jen said...

I am so proud of you. You did a good job! It takes a lot of courage to go up in front of a group of people and play. The photos are beautiful!!

Camille said...

What... how come we weren't invited??!?! :) We would've been so super excited to see you! :)

Elysa said...

Congratulations on your piano recital! You are such a good example of trying new things!

Anonymous said...

You did a really great job! Yeah Jessika!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess-
I hadn't checked your blog in a while but I just listened to your recital. Sounded good! It has been so long since I played that I think I have forgotten 99% of it. Keep it up woman!
Traci

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...