Wednesday, January 07, 2009

New Years in Cali

I spent my New Years with my sister, Joni, and her family. It was wonderful. She laughed and said she sends her guests home better than they come... and with me... that was true. I had a terrible cold when I showed up. She drugged me up, stocked me with kleenex, filled me up with a root beer float and sent me to bed.... all well before midnight on New Year's Eve.

The very next morning we headed to their family cabin and enjoyed some snow shoeing, sledding and skiing. Their cabin is wonderful. So fun! We had a bit of a geyser in the bathroo
m when we turned the water on, but we got it figured out... we just couldn't turn the water on to the toilet... so that meant using buckets to fill the tank so we could flush the toilet. Needless to say we had a rule... close your eyes if you are a squeamish... "If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down." Ha!

Crazy Californians! They have a Nazi Chain Control on I-80. Well, first you should know that their cabin is near Truckee, California.... in between I-80... a little heaven between the highway. We had to drive up I-80 to get to Boreal Ski Resort to go skiing. Every crazy car was stopped in the right lane of the freeway putting chains on their car.... what?! The freeway was only wet. And then I saw it. Yup. The Chain Control .... they literally stood in the middle of the freeway and watched every car to make sure they either had 4WD or else chains on. The worst the road got? You ask.... slush. Yup. Slush. Crazy Californian Nazi Chain Control.

Oh and my 11-year-old nephew? He loves to lounge around the cabin in his long underwear! Ha! Funny little pal.

It was a fabulous vacation. Visiting Joni and Adam and their family always is. :)

1 comment:

Our Ohana said...

Awesome pictures, Jess!
- Sara xx

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...