Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sundance Spin - Mtn Bike Race #4

I have fallen in love with Sundance. I've always avoided it for skiing, but I now see its beauties for mountain biking in the summer. The course was spectacular! I was biking through trees (and over them!) and forests, over bridges, by ponds, and with views across the canyon that Sundance is in!! I am definitely going to go back there.

This last race that I am committed to went
much better than Soldier Hollow did. I was a little more prepared for what it would be like to have all the Pros and Experts pass me on the single-track. And this single-track was a little more conducive to allow passing. I got 5th place again. I think that must be my lucky number. :) Oh! And I was sooooo official looking in my team jersey and shorts.

As soon as
I finished the race we had to hurry out of there and get home so I could change my clothes, clean up what little I could, and then go perform in my second ever piano recital. Lindsey and I finished the race around 11:30, left Sundance around 11:45, got to my house by 12:10 and left for my piano recital by 12:30 - which is when it started... up in Orem. We were a bit late. But it sure was fun to have Lindsey there! I did okay. Had a few mess ups, but overall it went just fine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - busy day. Congrats on the race (I'd be happy with 5th place) and the piano recitle. Good job!

Camille said...

Congratulations on finishing! :)

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...