Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I Left my Heart in San Francisco

The day after I rode the Little Red Riding Hood, I flew out to San Francisco to visit my sister, Joni, and her family. It was such a beautiful day when I flew in we stopped by the beach along the Great Highway and walked around.

Joni and I had the pleasure of joining Ethan on his
6th grade class field trip to Chinatown where we went on a tour of Chinatown. And would you guess the coincidence - the moment I stepped off the elevator from the parking garage to the little park there in the middle of Chinatown, I hear someone shouting my name and see her running to me - it was my roommate, Amanda, from freshman and sophomore year of college!! Can you believe the coincidence? She lives in Provo as well and we rarely see each other there, so to come all the way to San Francisco and run into her there was wild! I saw her again the next night at Wicked. It was so fun to run into her!

The Chinatown tour was fascinating. We stopped by a temple, a pharmacy, a market and a fortune cookie
factory - but the factory was not what you would guess it to be - it was more like a long closet with only 3 or 4 workers as opposed to the big production was expecting to see.

The next day my sister and I took their convertible into Napa Valley. We went on a tour of a wine
ry where this extravagant man shipped bricks and stones from European countries and European masons, carpenters, fresco painters, builders, etc., to build a castle! On his vineyard property. $40 million dollars and 14 years - that's what it took to build that place. The poppies outside the castle were beautiful! Then we went to lunch at another winery, window-shopped along the main street in Calistoga, and enjoyed some little ice cream before we headed back home.

Then that night.... YES!!!! I saw Wicked!!! To be documented in the next post - since it is a life list achievement.

1 comment:

Mike said...

you are quite the little traveler!

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...