Here is the before picture (sorry it's not a good one - I was too excited to get started to take time to take a before picture):
And here are the after pictures:
What do you think? I think I like it. It's growing on me.
So here is what I learned:
- You'll definitely want to do any future projects outside or in a garage/work room because stuff gets everywhere - especially when you are spray-painting your primer on
- Semi-gloss paint looks much different/lighter than the paint sample you picked out
- Paint doesn't stick to edges and corners very well so when you are distressing them with sandpaper... be careful to not go all the way down to the wood but if you do that's okay! cuz you want it to look distressed.
- Adding layers of paint that weren't there orginally might cause your drawers to not work quite as well as before
- You need some serious sandpaper to remove some serious glossy finish
- No drips! Even where you don't think it matters because it does matter... especially when you have a Norm Abrams wanna-be over to help you put the drawer pulls on and he's critiquing your work
- Latex paint takes a LONG time to dry
- Did I miss anything?
2 comments:
I like it. Much improved. Good work!
Looks awesome! Rub an old candle on the drawers. ;o) Wax will help them glide better.
Post a Comment