Tuesday morning, I sliced the tip of my thumb off with my excellent kitchen knives that Teri suggested I buy... ha ha! Just kidding, Teri - it's not your fault. :) But I did it so cleanly that I didn't even feel it initially. And it wasn't a ton of my thumb just a little. But enough to get this lightweight pansy into full lightweight action. I laughed initially, grabbed a rag to stop the bleeding and then immediately started feeling light-headed. I called David (my resident instacare taxi) to see if he could take me to the instacare. Good thing he did. I was so out of it. I couldn't remember my social security number! And I couldn't comprehend half the questions I was suppose to answer on their form - and by the time I needed to pay my co-pay (all before they would take me in) I needed to sit on the floor because I was feeling light-headed again. I didn't even bleed that much! David ended up getting my credit card out of my purse and signing my receipt for me.
The doctor had to numb my thumb - and that actually hurt more than the slice - and then he ended up gluing my thumb back together again. It is NOT pretty. I won't put a picture of it on here. Too gross... although still fascinating... I like to look at it every now and then, but then I get light-headed again. Good grief!
We decided the instacares need to issue me a punch-card so that my tenth visit is free - and it would be really cool if they could build a little underground high-speed pod that would carry me from my house to the instacare! Maybe it really is providential that I live right next to it. But you are probably wondering why I had David take me... I was too scared to drive so out of it, and it would have taken me an hour to walk over there because I would have had to lay down on the sidewalk every few steps to get my head back.
So I'm now a regular at two Springville institutions: Yummies Frozen Custard and the IHC Instacare! Yummies has the yummiest frozen custard and I have been going there several times a week... mmm....
Post Script: I have an exhibitionist bra. I rarely wear it and so when I wash it I leave it on my washer to dry and forget about it. Twice now, I have forgotten about it being on my washer when a guy has walked into my laundry room and seen it there! First was when Rob was getting the tour of my place back in December and now David saw it yesterday when he put my bloody thumb rag on my washer after the visit to the instacare. Nice.
3 comments:
i kinda wanna see a picture.
on a scale of 1 to 10, how maladjusted am i?
Forget the thumb pic, let's see the laundry room!
lol Elke, that's why I love you! The idea about the punch card made me laugh so hard - I really need one for my wild child, olivia! Let me know when they start giving those out!
- Sara xx
Post a Comment