Sunday, April 25, 2010

Bike Race, Easter, a Chair & DC

Yes, yes. It's been a long time since I've blogged... I'm repenting right now. 

The first part of this month was packed with loads of things going on. 

Number 1: My mom came down to watch me race in my mountain bike race down in Hurricane - at the infamous Cholla Challenge race. This is the first race that I did last year... where I rode with my clipless pedals for the first time and took many falls, got most of my scars, and got two flat tires during the race. Well... this year was a much better race for me.... I didn't get a single flat tire. I didn't fall over at all and I did pretty well! I got 6th place.... out of 6. Ha! At least I improved from my last time down there. Apparently several of my teammates got flat tires though. Sad day for them.... but I paid my dues last year! 

Number 2: My mom also stayed for Easter the very next day and made me and my niece, Jen, Easter breakfast and dinner! We stuffed ourselves terribly while we watched General Conference. 

Number 3: I bought my chair!! Woo hoo! Although, it won't get here until the end of May since I special ordered it. I'm excited to see it and how it turned out. It was quite the process to pick the fabric based off just a little swatch of fabric and picture that fabric all over a big, comfy chair. 

Number 4: I had a business conference in Washington DC, so my mom also accompanied me on that trip as well. We tried to see the Mint but wasn't quite successful. But we did see Arlington and that was beautiful! I'm so glad we went to Arlington, because that was the only place we saw any cherry blossoms - we were a little too late for them at the Tidal Basin. And then we enjoyed the National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade Saturday morning - all TWO hours of it, walked through the Japanese street festival, and then went to Ford's Theatre - we didn't get to go in since there was a matinee going on. Next time I go to DC... I'm going to Mt. Vernon and colonial Williamsburg ... it's time to get outside of the city.

No comments:

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...