Sunday, June 06, 2010

Little Red Riding Hood 2010

Well, I rode the Little Red Riding Hood Century Ride again this year. That's 100 miles of riding my road bike through out Cache Valley Utah. I love that valley - especially in the spring. It is so green and pretty. Teri and I signed up for it together. And we tried to train. We really did. She did better than I did - she at least got a 40-mile ride in. My longest ride was 36 miles. But you know what? We still did the full 100 miles. We felt pretty good at lunch and lunch was at the 50 mile mark. So we braved it and went the full 100 miles. I did so much better than I did last year and I have a feeling it was due to the 9 Advil I took starting with the night before, the morning of and during the ride. What a life saver that Advil is! Teri is rocking awesome - she pushed through it. :) But it was so worth it to say we did it. And to follow Sis. Dalton's words, "I can do hard things." Oh yeah and guess how many calories I burned while on my bike for 7 hours: 3,289. Yeah crazy. That is two-days-worth of eating for me. 
And my friend Alison came along with us. She was super fun!

4 comments:

Mary said...

You rock, Jessika!!

Jodi Nelson said...

Awesome! And yes you totally rock!

Mitch and Cortney said...

That's awesome!! I don't know if my legs would hold me up after that kind of work out..

Traci said...

And your photographer was amazing...
;)

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...