Friday, January 28, 2011

My Little Roommate

I have a roommate again. But this isn't just any roommate. She's my niece! Jennifer! She moved in with me at the beginning of December and will stay here through the end of this semester in April. She's here under the guise of saving money for a study abroad, but she's chiefly here because she had some crazy roommate drama last semester. I'm talking two suicidal roommates, one anxiety-ridden roommate, and her other two normal roommates were utterly absentee roommates. Who gets those kind of odds for crazy roommates? Apparently Jennifer. I've never heard of that kind of luck - even in all my years of having roommates. So I finally convinced her to move in with me.

And it's been great! It's kind of fun to come home to someone to talk to. And it's delightful to watch movies with someone - like we are this very moment. And speaking of movies, the poor girl has been deprived of all the best girly movies (like the classic 5-hour Pride & Prejudice, Becoming Jane, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Gone with the Wind,  An Ideal Husband). We are going to rectify that this semester.

But my favorite thing about living with her.... is when she wears this:

This... is her plush-a-licious... and in my book it is the snugg-a-licious. I just can't take her seriously when she wears it! And I just start into giggling fits every time. LOL! She loves it. And she wears it all the time. And she laughs with me. And she instantly knows what I'm smiling about when I start to smile while talking to her. And then we start laughing together.

Jennifer is also 19 years old. I'm 31. We've got a little bit of a span, but we're getting along great. And she's handling my crazy, stuck-in-my-ways, comments with class! And the best part about her being 19....??? She hardly has any stuff, so we had no problems fitting her into my kitchen and guestroom and I didn't have to give up my beautiful kitchen organization -- like my baking center! :)

No comments:

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...