Saturday, April 30, 2011

One of the Last Mementos

It's gone. The last memento I've been carrying around for eight and a half years. I'm sure it's long out of fashion, plus my style has changed. I guess I thought I'd hang on to it just in case I got married quick enough to use it again. But I've also outgrown it - literally. I'm gonna need a dress that's a little roomier. :) I tried selling it - on Craigslist, eBay, KSL, and some random used wedding dress website. I even tried calling some clothing consignment shops to see if they would sell it on consignment for me, but they wouldn't. So I donated it to my friend's high school drama class so it could be used in their drama productions. For some reason I just felt the need to get rid of this last memento and in quick fashion. It sure does feel good to be rid of it and to have the extra room in my closet! So this is a day worth blogging about. :)  And it's worth memorializing.



3 comments:

Elysa said...

I am actually sad to see it go! It reminds me of the fun things we did in the after math- ice skating lessons and the cruise. I still have my (rarely used) ice skates we bought at the Play-It-Again Sports in my closet!

Jesse said...

Well done, Jess! Sending you a hug and a high five from AZ.

Janiqua Rapaj said...

It's beautiful...and it fits you perfectly. :)

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...