My office upholds the tradition of celebrating each others' birthdays elementary-school-style: where the birthday girl or boy brings in his or her own favorite treats for the office ... if they want to. But! Everyone else gets the joy of decorating the birthday girl or boy's workspace. So I came into my office with it decorated with balloons, streamers, confetti, stars, cat posters, and this beauty:
The funny story behind this image is this: Every year my vice president puts out a calendar with our mission, vision, and values in it with images taken by BYU personnel. When last year's calendar came out, I refused to hang it up in my office because of this image (nearly....there was another image that grossed me out). I mean, can it get funnier and more ironic than this? The image totally represents accountability, right? As in, "You're gonna be accountable like this fish was when he messed up!" Ha ha! So I hung up this calendar in my student's bat cave office and apparently they saved this image to hang up in my office to celebrate my birthday. I had to preserve the fun of it for all generations to come.
Oh and the cat posters .... that was another joke. I am not a fan of cat posters and I have been very vocal about it since my student editor and I had a discussion about the phrase, "There's more than one way to skin a cat." I wanted to use the phrase in a training and since she loves cats, she edited it out of the script .... but I put it back in after a funny conversation with her. :)
The rest of my birthday was pretty awesome: friends for dinner and dessert at the Awful Waffle, shopping with Teri and Jen Hansen, a date or two with Mike M., cross-country skiing on MLK day (post coming up next), and a relaxing Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment