Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Ouray for President's Day

Mike and I and several of our friends rented a historic manor house, that was built in 1890, in Ouray, Colorado for President's Day weekend. While there, we went snowshoe in, a few of us went skiing at Telluride, we watched skijourning in Silverton, did a little sledding, and even did a little 4X4ing in Silverton where we got pretty well stuck in the snow. We hiked into Box Canyon Falls and then we hiked to a bridge above the falls where boys will still be boys and make snowballs to throw down in the gorge aiming for various objects. I finally also made the famous Deer Valley Chocolate Snowball cake! I thought it was perfect to celebrate our Valentine's Day during our winter weekend getaway. :) My 19-year-old hiking boots also kicked the bucket and so I had to buy a new pair at the REI in Grand Junction, Colorado before we did a little hike there on Monday before driving back to Utah. It was a lovely weekend, and I had a blast.
The Chocolate Snowball cake
Jenn and me at Telluride
The view from my lunch location at Telluride
My lunch location at Telluride
Looking down on Silverton, Colorado
The stuck Jeep - with Mike in black and Curtis in orange
My dead hiking boots - with Curtis, Jenn photobombing me, and Lane
Mike in Box Canyon
Mike and me at the base of the Box Canyon Falls
Lane, Jenn, and Curtis throwing snowballs into Box Canyon below
Mike making snowballs
Boys, and Jenn, will be boys

1 comment:

Jen said...

I found it! I must have lost it while it was private when I transferred to a different reader service. So glad I ran into you. I love to read / see all of your awesome travels.

Time to Retire this Blog

I regret to inform you all, that I've decided it is time to retire this blog. I blogged on here for nearly 11 years! It's crazy to t...