Parking on campus where I work is terrible. Terrible! The students park in all the employee lots and make finding a parking spot close to my office a nightmare - particularly if I have to leave main campus for a meeting, which I have to do frequently since my three biggest areas that I serve are all off of main campus! Tuesday, I had a meeting with a colleague of mine to which I had to drive therefore I lost my parking spot, and I knew I'd have to look for one when I came back. When I returned to my normal parking lot, I was not in a mood to drive around looking. There was one spot that I've been spying for a while and watching other vehicles - with higher clearance than my Ruby - pack down the snow bank to what I thought was a manageable size for my Ruby. And this day - the day I was not in the mood to look for a parking spot elsewhere - was the day to try it out! So I backed into it. I made it in just fine about half to two-thirds the way in and then for some reason I felt the need to gun it to finish off the job. Well, I finished it off alright - by kind of high-centering my Ruby on that snow bank! My back passenger wheel was off the ground entirely! All I could do was laugh. I wasn't embarrassed at all. I wasn't stressed about it all since there were plenty of people around to help push me out. So after devotional, three of my male coworkers gave me a single push and I was off the snow bank! That easy. It was a grand adventure discovering Ruby's limits.
No comments:
Post a Comment